Monday, August 17, 2009

Third tri's a charm

NEXT!

Mainiac Sprint Tri

Maine? Why Maine? Are you insane? In the brain?

Um. Yes. Possibly. I also have two good friends in the Boston/NH area who have agreed to do this with me. Plus you get a free beer after the race.

How COLD will the water be?

Not cold at all. For a polar bear. Or a beluga whale. Water temps are predicted to be between 58 and 62 degrees. Actually, I think for Maine, that's downright balmy.

You do realize this swim in in the OCEAN, don't you? Something you said you'd NEVER do?

Hmmm? What? Did you say something? Mmmm. Beeeer.

Did you order the pink "ALERT" swim cap?

Surprisingly, I did not. I blame being distracted by the offer of free beer. I am simple like that.

You know, you can just buy beer? In like, tons of stores right near your house. And not have to freeze, sweat or risk being eaten by a beluga whale to get it.

True, but what fun is that?

Are you going to be singing "Maniac" from Flashdance the morning of the race?

Already there, dude. Already there.
"She's a maniac, maniac, oh oh. And she's dancing like she's never danced before-ore."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger MichelleBB said...

I seriously didn't check the water temps before I signed up. Can you say Brrrrrrr.....

I might need to look into Neoprene booties and a cap for this one!

August 18, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home